• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

boat ID

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

boat ID

Post by jprohan »

I have read with interest the discussion about ID'ing our boats; but now can't remember the details. My boat # is "AUL32121E990." I'm sure the 32 refers to the length; and the "90" to the year? Please advise.
Jim
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Re: boat ID

Post by Jack »

The 90 does refer to the year the boat was manufactured. You're probably correct about the length but I'm not sure.
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Re: boat ID

Post by ScubaPete »

AUL32 refers to the manufacturer's model number. The 121 indicates it is hull #121, which may be the 20th or 21st one of the series. Not sure if they started with hull #100 or #101. Some boat building companies start with #001, but the general consensus about Albin is that they start in the 100's. Your boat is a 1990 model year, and the hull was laid (construction began) in May 1989 (E=5th letter corresponding to the fifth month or May. The next digit "9" means 1989 in this case.

Return to “General Discussion”