• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Aft head drainage 36 classic

seblyte
First Mate
First Mate

Aft head drainage 36 classic

Post by seblyte »

Hi, can anybody advise me on the drainage of the aft head under the teak grill in the bathroom. The left hand compartment has a drainaway but seems to be blocked up. I've pushed a flexible rod down it but it seems to hit against a hard wall. Does anyone know where this should come out. I've checked the bulkhead and stringer in the engine room and there is no obvious outlet. I really do not want to pull up the flooring!

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Sebastian
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Re: Aft head drainage 36 classic

Post by bccanucker »

Can't tell from your information what year your boat is. Ours is a 1988. Output from head goes to Y valve which is against the hull underneath sink. One line goes to shutoff valve in same location and overboard. Other line goes to engine room to starboard side of transmision then all the way forward along the stringer to the holding tank at the bow end of the engine room.
If you're talking about the drain underneath teak grate i would think it connects to tub drain which goes to tank that is behind holding tank.
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
seblyte
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Aft head drainage 36 classic

Post by seblyte »

Hi there and thanks for the reply, I have found the problem on my 1983 Classic. A really stupid mistake. The drainage outlet under the teak grill should have drained into the bilge however the manufacturers never drilled the exit hole. This has meant that there has been a continuous pool of (smelly) water from the bath and toilet trapped behind the bulkhead under the aft cabin sole causing extensive rot. The bulkhead is attched to a fibreglass section about 6" tall attached to the hull in the bilge and this is what was stopping the water draining away. I have now drilled an exit hole in the fibreglass to release the water so it now flows away. I have also discovered a set of 4 holes for no apparent reason drilled into the fibre glass deck port and starboard in the aft cabin, going straight through to the teak deck which has been seeping through over the life of the boat again also causing massive rot. I have sealed these properly now. Basic and silly builders errors and resulting in massive damage. Grrrrr!

Return to “36/37/40/43”