• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

st. croix davits (or equivilant)

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

st. croix davits (or equivilant)

Post by erice »

i'm considering using a davit system, st. croix or similar, to my 36' sabreline trawler. anyone have experience, good or bad, with this type of thing? i've seen one that mounts to the top of the transom, but this seems to put a lot of stress on the transom. i've also seen where the arms mount to the back of the swim platform, and have additional support near the top of the transom. any comments or experience would be appreciated.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: st. croix davits (or equivilant)

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Attached is a photo of the St Croix davit system on my boat. Look closely and you will see the supports that hold the arms actually continue through the transom top and are secured to the deck below. Very sturdy. But for a blue or rough water boat, I cannot recommend it. The dinghy tends to swing a lot. So far, my modifications to alleviate that are not working to my satisfaction, but I will let you know if the issue is resolved later. A friend has the tilt up brackets that put the dinghy on its side firmly to the transom. Seems to work better.
A-List Photos 009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
SANDY FINK

Re: st. croix davits (or equivilant)

Post by SANDY FINK »

:D Hi, I just purchased a Mainship 430 aft cabin that has the St.Croix divits. I haven't used them yet but they mounted on top of the stern with a support brace/arm that bolts to the cockpit deck. That support brace gives the strenght to hoist your dingy. I have the non swinging arms but are removable from a slip on shoe base. They hang out over the swim platform with a small winch. If you go on the St. Croix web site they list their line w/prices. Since I have an airfloor inflatable I needed glue on lifting patches for the front tubes and eye bolts for the hard transum. Good luck, hope I helped some.

Sandy Fink
Sand Dollar MS430

Return to “General Discussion”