• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1995 Albin 28 AC Wiring - Inlet to Panel?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

radsboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Maine

1995 Albin 28 AC Wiring - Inlet to Panel?

Post by radsboy »

Hello:

I'm working on an Albin 28, from 1995. I am attempting to trace the cable from the shore power inlet to the panelboard, without success. Is there an intermediate breaker? (There should be, per ABYC).

Also - there is a Heart Interface Freedom 7 inverter/charger. Does anyone know if this is original equipment or was it added later?

Any chance of an actual wiring diagram? Hull # is AUL281861495

Thanks very much for any replies,

Radsboy
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 1995 Albin 28 AC Wiring - Inlet to Panel?

Post by DougSea »

I believe the power run goes directly from the inlet, along the underside of the gunnel, above the quarter berth and on to the panel.

The inverter most likely was added by the dealer or by an owner. I have a similar setup.

Check the document library for some drawings of the systems. You can use those as a guide, but you'll find that most of the 28s vary in some way or another...part of the charm!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”