• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My 110V breakdown

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

My 110V breakdown

Post by firemanbob »

From firemanbob...Subject- My 110V blowout...First of all I would like to thank all those who responded to my problem and offered help. The problem has been solved. It began with an unprotected origonal 110V socket in the engine room overhead that shorted out when my AC condensation pan overflowed. Water drained down and into the floor and found the socket and pop. The problem was compounded when, sometime ago I replaced some other sockets with new ones. Also added some groundfault outlets.
The origonal wiring was red, green and black.. inexperienced electrican that I am I reversed the polarity. I ran green to green, black to black and red to white.. I have now learned my lesson.. Although the outlets worked for a while it was wrong.. The old red was hot.. Oh well live and learn and PAY.. Thanks again firemanbob AKA Bob Blomquist

Return to “Albin Maintenance”