• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin at Norwalk Boat Show

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Albin at Norwalk Boat Show

Post by jointventure »

A "new" 28 was shown by Ken of Standish Marine. Built by C&C after, quote many manhours of mold(s) rework,the fit and finish looked good,the interior basic. Ken said C&C had orders for two 31's and are waiting for at least two more before starting production (I would assume after the same major rework of molds). Ken indicated the molds are still at Portsmouth-inside storage.
Across on the other floating dock with a large Albin Marine banner across the front of the fly bridge was a 46 Tournament Express,hull no. 2. The boat was being shown by Larry Rutter of<>Yacht Sales. The boat was designed by Sparkman & Stephens and built in Taiwain. Having seen the first crappy 40 footer from China this was a good looking craft. Some of the appointments included Master(queen size) and Guest (2 single beds) state rooms,2 heads with separate showers in each,3 zone A/C,600 gals fuel,9KW genny,washer/dryer,freezer,twin Volvo IPS 600. Price quoted "around 895K"
When asked about the status of Albin he handed me a Albin brochure,the old one with the Cos Cob address, and said they would build any model ,customized?,in Taiwain. When asked of the conflict with C&C he stumbled around an answer that they would like to have some manufacture in the States and are talking to C&C?
I was told by Ken of Standish that Fred Peters was on the 46 dock but I did not see him. It,s never over till it's over.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “General Discussion”