• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cummins Repair Parts

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Cummins Repair Parts

Post by dkircher »

Hi all, I have a 1998 Albin 28 TE with the Cummins 5.9, 330 HP "B" engine. My mechanic and I are having a problem getting a replacement part for the cooling system. There is a metal tube under the heat exchanger that is corroded and leaking. Cummins says they can't get me the part until September 30th!. Does anyone know of a source of Cummins parts (other than the dealer network?) that might carry this part. I don't have the part number, but will get it tonight.

I have watched with envy the discussions about the rendez vous. There are a number of Albins in the NW. Perhaps we can get an event going up here.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences with Albins. They are impressive boats in terms of quality and durability.

Dave in Seattle
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cummins Repair Parts

Post by Seaslug44 »

Try Mako Marine here on Long Island (516)378-7331 (makomarinacummins.com). The last I checked they've stock-piled hundreds of thousands of dollars of Cummins parts. The only thing they don't stock are turbos because they are so expensive and there are so many types.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Go onto www.boatdiesel.com and find an advertisement by Seaboard Marine and send them an e mail. You will get the straight story.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Also try APTICO here on Long Island (North Lindenhurst)
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Tony at Seaboard Marine (www.sbmar.com) is a great resource. Everybody on the American Tug Owners website looks to Tony for help with their Cummins engine issues.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Thanks all. These are great resources. After three tries Cummins came through with the part and the boat is back in operation. The next time, I'll have these alternatives...

Dave, 28TE, currently named "Andiamo".... (we want to rename her)
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Find the major Cummins marine distributor, not a dealer, in your region. For me here in Bermuda I use the Cummins regional distributer near Baltimore.

If you know the part number I'll bet a Cummins truck engine service center can get it for you. I had to replace the same part on my 1996 B series Diamond edition 315hp some years ago.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “Albin Maintenance”