• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hope to have a 28 TE soon!!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wilmington, NC- summer. Stuart, Fl- winter

Hope to have a 28 TE soon!!

Post by fredfryguy »

Hi Everyone, Nature has told me it's time to change! Changing to an Albin cruiser I could fish will help make me happy! Because of health issues, deteriorating heart condition & turning 69 yo, I have to give up big game offshore fishing.

Thanks, Captain Fred
fredfryguy@yahoo.com
Last edited by fredfryguy on Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sold my old boat! May 10, 2013

Post by fredfryguy »

Gone is the 24 Robalo and hope t o have a 28 TE in a few weeks!
Last edited by fredfryguy on Fri May 10, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hope to have a 28 TE soon!!

Post by fredfryguy »

Hi Everyone, Nature has told me it's time to change! Changing to an Albin cruiser I could fish will help make me happy! Because of health issues, deteriorating heart condition & turning 69 yo, I have to give up big game offshore fishing.

Thanks, Captain Fred
_AT_.com
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Hang in... I am sure that the wait will be worth it...
Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Sold my old boat! May 10, 2013

Post by jcollins »

fredfryguy wrote:Gone is the 24 Robalo and hope t o have a 28 TE in a few weeks!
That is good news. What year are you purchasing?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fredfryguy »

1993 one owner 28TE with a2010 315 Yanmar under warrantee! Should close in 2 weeks. Can't wait. Fred
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Mind if I ask where you intend to keep your new 28TE? The reason I ask is that I am wondering if I should sell my Albin or run it down the intracoastal waterway to our condo in Stuart when I retire this summer. The problem is that we will spend summers in Pennsylvania and not be down there to handle the boat during a hurricane. Thanks.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Russell,
Just a thought. We have many members in that area. Perhaps you could set something up in advance with someone to keep an eye on things?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fredfryguy »

Russell wrote:Mind if I ask where you intend to keep your new 28TE? The reason I ask is that I am wondering if I should sell my Albin or run it down the intracoastal waterway to our condo in Stuart when I retire this summer. The problem is that we will spend summers in Pennsylvania and not be down there to handle the boat during a hurricane. Thanks.
Hi Russ, Martin County marina on the N St Lucie river can store your boat indoors and put it the water when you want to use it. There may be more marinas like this in the area. My plans are to leave it this summer in the water at the Manatee Marina. American Custom yachts have a hurricane program that I would use if a hurricane was to threaten the area. I will find a captain or two to move the boat for me if I can't get to Fl. Hope this helps. Good luck, Fred
PS. I'm retired and winter in Stuart also. Let's get together some time next winter.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Fred: Thanks for the information about keeping an Albin in Stuart. I am thinking about Sailfish Marina which would store the boat on an outside rack but put it inside in event of a hurricane. It is a bit pricey but the additional fuel to get from Martin County Marina to the Atlantic would make the difference. Riverwatch Marina is also back near Martin County Marina and seemed like a first rate place when I visited there in December. Another AOG member, Tom Nolan, told me about them. I wonder about the disadvantages of rack storage but being free of the expense and trouble of bottom painting and prop cleaning would be a nice benefit. I am also considering selling my present boat and purchasing one of the newer models for sale in Florida.
I will contact you when I come down there next fall. Maybe Tom Nolan would like to get together too.
Thanks, Russ
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fredfryguy »

Russ, Great lets get together this fall. I got to tell you I looked at the 93 TE yesterday inside dry rack. It looked like a three yr old boat to pleasantly surprise me. 99% corrosion free! Totally growth free bottom. It's making me rethink outside dockage vs inside. I may take my own advice! When I close the deal I'll post pics. I winter here nov til April do I will most likely keep it here for this summer. This gives a reason to come down here my often inthe summer! Thxs for your replies. Fred

Return to “New Member Introductions”