• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rub rail for 27 family cruiser

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Rub rail for 27 family cruiser

Post by Panhdjoe »

Has anyone replaced there rub rail on a 27 Family cruiser (aft cabin) I am in need of one and dont know what type to get or where to buy one
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Rub rail for 27 family cruiser

Post by jleonard »

I don't know what you have, but Hamilton Marine in Maine shows many different styles in their catalog. You can find them online via a google search.
Hope this helps.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Valkyrie
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Point Judith

Post by Valkyrie »

I have a 27 and the corners are in need of replacement. I have been looking a long time for some rail corner that is suitable. If you get anything good I would like to take a look. Thanks.
If there's no wind ROW!
Clay Helm
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Clay Helm »

I repaired the rub rail on my 1987 Albin 27 FC. The rub rail is in two parts. The outer part (the black rubber rail) snaps over the inner plastic "U" shaped channel. The channel is pop riveted over the hull to deck flange. I replaced the broken channel and bolted it back in place with 1/4" x 1" hex head bolts and nylon lock nuts. Where the outer rub rail was damaged, I cut the rail and screwed it (from the under side) to the channel. The rub rail must be warm to hot and pulled tight before screwing. I laid the rub rail on the dock in the sun for an hour before trying to work it. If the hull to deck joint is damaged (like my was), it has to be repaired before installing the rail or the joint will leak. All my parts came from Hamilton Marine.

it you need any additional info, contact me at Canalgal@embarqmail.com.

Clay Helm
"Puppy Dog"
Albin 27 FC - 1987
Albermarle Sound, NC

Return to “Albin Maintenance”