• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Another AOG Milestone

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Another AOG Milestone

Post by jcollins »

The original Albin Owners Group began Dec. 2005 and crashed March 2006. That's when I learned about spammers and security. I put the forums back online on April 16th, 2006. (when I should have been working on taxes) The next day some guy in Gig Harbor (Mariner) joined and offered to help. Also on April 17th Denis, Legacy, and Almar joined.
The orginal Albin Marine was still in business and I quickly learned about the quality of their customer service. :lol:
The purpose of the group was to learn more about diesel boats and this brand in particular. The intended result was knowledge. I have learned more about maintenance in the last 4 years than I thought I needed to know. That's a good thing when your family and friends are trusting that your boat is functioning properly, safely, and will not break down.
The UNintended result is that I have met many great people from all walks of life. I could go just about anywhere and find an AOG member to visit.
So, what is the point of this trip down memory lane? Simple. We are approaching 1000 members!

A top 20 list is attached.

I just wanted to say THANKS!

John Collins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Another AOG Milestone

Post by RobS »

The person donating his precious time and hard earned money does not need to be the one doing the thanking. The THANKS goes to you !!

That reminds me, it's donation time... :wink:

BTW, maybe you should have a link to the AOG Store on the index.php page, as I think many may skip the .htm page without even knowing it is there. Just a thought.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

John,

AOG has been the single best resource I've had to go along with our Albin. Pre-purchase and post, AOG has been fantastic. Many, many thanks to you and all of the wonderful AOGers who've helped me out over the years.

Doug
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

John,
Many thanks to you for all the work and time you have put into the Albin Owners Group site. It is enjoyable and informative.
John S.
Jamestown, RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

It has been a lot of fun. Glad to be a part of it.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Morning after a holiday weekend. Sitting on the bow of Afterglow, watching the fireworks over the harbor, was just as exciting for me as it was for the kids sitting next to me. Our membership has passed the 1000 mark. This morning we are 1005 members strong.

The New England rendezvous location, Essex, Ct., is beautiful. The marina is very nice and folks you will meet there are superb. If your within boating distance, don't miss this event. Sharon and I were there last year, via Amtrak, and within minutes we felt very much at home.

The Chesapeake rendezvous location, Solomons, Md., is a perfect location and setting for our rendezvous. A very easy run from just about anywhere on the Chesapeake. Zahniser's marina is consistantly voted one of the best marinas year after year.

Don't miss this chance to meet your fellow Albineers.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Thanks John and all the moderators for all of your time and effort!
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Thanks to all of you! The forum was a huge help when we were considering buying an Albin. It is still both fun and helpful now that we're owners!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “General Discussion”