• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner 1984 27ft Aft cabin cruiser

Albin's "power cruisers"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

New Owner 1984 27ft Aft cabin cruiser

Post by Panhdjoe »

The deal became final last Friday. I am jumping into repairs and maint. Batteries the first day after picking up from the boat yard from 1 blister repair a new cutlass bearing and Rudder repairs. I have a alternator, raw water pump repair kit and a Injection pump drive belt ordered (Nissan LD28M engine). I am ordering parts from JESCO in cali. They seem to be the only place in the USA that even knows what a LD28M is. Also the parts person says Nissan is not making any more parts for this engine. This weekend I will try to figure out why the fuel gauge is not working, I hope its not the tank unit. Any advice or comments welcome Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: New Owner 1984 27ft Aft cabin cruiser

Post by joe.baar »

The fuel gauge on our '95 28TE didn't work until my electrician neighbor discovered one of the terminals up in back of the gauge at the helm had an incomplete crimp. Once he fixed that it was good to go and gives the same reading as the gauge on the other end at the tank top. I could have done this job myself if I had any brains. A lot of this stuff is related to connectors. Clean the wire ends thoroughly and use lots of anti-oxidant joint compound - like Ideal's Noalox - inside the connectors when you put it back together. Often heat-shrink tubing, or heat-shrink connectors, are a great idea. Have fun.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: New Owner 1984 27ft Aft cabin cruiser

Post by Panhdjoe »

Fuel gauge is fixed, The sending unit did not have a ground
1983 36 classic