• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looks like they're liquidating a bunch of Palmer's boats

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like they're liquidating a bunch of Palmer's boats

Post by Mariner »

http://www.offshoreboatcenters.com/inventory.html

There's an Albin in there. Mostly Defiance's though. I wonder if it's a legitimate liquidation or if it's just a marketing gimmick. I saw the ad on THT.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Looks like they're liquidating a bunch of Palmer's boats

Post by joreyn »

Mariner, a while back I was driving throught the South Kitsap industrial park next to Bremerton Airport, and I saw the "Albin 32" on Blocks, next to a light manufacturing building with a sign that says Defiance. I got out and looked at it. It does not look to have had much time, if any, in the water. Anyway, if you are curious, you might want to make a quick trip over there to check it out.

Also, Offshore Boat Center is using parking lot space next to Kitsap Sports in Silverdale. About 5 or 6 Defiances sitting there.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I commute past the area once a week to my office in Silverdale. I may have to pop up there. I've been starting to seriously think about a career in the marine industry and it might be worth swinging in there to see what's there. I know Defiance is in there as well as Safe Boats.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

I'm not sure who the dealer was, however, my brother just bought a brand new Defiance in November for almost half off.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I just drove by their operation in the Bremerton Industrial Complex this afternoon. They are there and there were molds and boats in the yard. I only saw a few vehicles and one guy walking on the grounds (who looked suspiciously like Bo). I wouldn't say they're huge, but they do still at least exist. SafeBoats is sure a big operation, though. I even saw them running three boats up and down Sinclair Inlet, including the one that's been all over Work Boat magazine lately, that can run upwards of 70mph. He was going faster than I was in my car on Highway 3, which was about 60mph.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I went to the Seattle Boat Show last night, and not only did Defiance Boats have a strong presence there, I was able to meet Bo in person. So, although I'm sure no boat manufacturer is particularly strong right now, they are at least in business and doing well enough to spring for the cost of doing the show.

Return to “General Discussion”