• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Varying Oil Pressure

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Varying Oil Pressure

Post by RicM »

On our recent 225NM trip I noticed that on a few occaisions the oil pressure gauge was reading well ABOVE normal when fully warmed up and under way. Any ideas as to why this would occur or if it is anything to be concerned about? Other indicators like coolant temp remained unchanged.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Varying Oil Pressure

Post by JackK »

I had the opposite happening last season. On occassion the Oil Pressure gauge would drop to zero. In talking with Ken at Standish, he told me there are two sending units, one for the gauge and another for the engine alarm. As long as you are not getting an alarm don't panic but I did have Ken replace the sending unit. The only problem I have now is that the gauge now reads consistantly lower than the original. So much for keeping a log of pressures.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Varying Oil Pressure

Post by jleonard »

Definately sounds like the sender is going south. I have replaced several on different diesels over the years. The diesel's vibration takes them out.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”