• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

windlass

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

d-jmeyer
Deckhand
Deckhand

windlass

Post by d-jmeyer »

Was checking out our boat and found that the Lofrans Dorado windlass on our 2004 28TE just "clicks" when we attempt to lower the anchor using either the foot controls on the bow or those inside. Any ideas? Judith
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: windlass

Post by Pitou »

I am just completing a re-fit for a new windlass after a 7 year life for my Dorado. Where is the click coming from? If it is your control box I'm sure that is it.

Back in '06 I had only a click and no action on the down, but it worked on the up. My clicking sound was coming from the control box which was mounted in the anchor locker. I checked my electrical connections for corrosion and all were clean. I checked the 3 tabs on the box with a volt meter and the down tab was dead. I then replaced the control box and was back up and anchoring. Check all the connectors for corrosion ... you might get lucky, especially as it seems from your post neither your up or down is working.

If you find you need a new control box I maybe able to help out as my Dorado /Imtra Control box is not compatable with my new windlass.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Albin Maintenance”