• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Keys, Paint and a few other questions from a new owner

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

GaryG
Deckhand
Deckhand

Keys, Paint and a few other questions from a new owner

Post by GaryG »

I finally took the plunge and just purchased an Albin 40' North Sea Cutter. It was represented to me as a 2006 but on the survey says hull number AUL40005D506 was built in 2005.

The boat also came with only one house key (skeleton) and no one can seem to produce it (San Francisco Bay Area). Any idea where I can get a couple made?

Last for today is paint. The blue hull has a couple paint chips showing the white under. Any ideas of where I can get some touch up?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to participating in the group.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi GaryG,
Welcome to the group!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Keys, Paint and a few other questions from a new owner

Post by Anthony1013 »

[quote="GaryG"]I finally took the plunge and just purchased an Albin 40' North Sea Cutter. It was represented to me as a 2006 but on the survey says hull number AUL40005D506 was built in 2005.

Welcome aboard Gary and congrats on your new boat!

I am pretty sure that the last 2 digits in the hull number indicate the model year of the boat..... can anyone confirm or correct me on that?

Anthony
MadMoney
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Wecome to the board Gary. I love the Cutter, congratulations
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

I ordered some from a company in Florida that supplied Albin with their keys and door hardware. I cannot seem to find the info, I will keep on looking though. You may want to contact Customer Service at Shamrock and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome to the AOG GaryG.

To confirm "MadMoney", the hull is May '05. The last 3 digits of the HIN is date of manufacture.

As Capt. Paul I as well had ordered keys from a vendor in FL and the keys ultimately shipped from Southco Inc. in PA. My lock set is a Mobella made in Eskilstuna, Sweden which was clearly marked on the key along with the key #.

The FL vendor's website is : http://www.fpmarine.com/ go to the hardware section which shows MoBella latch sets. I just placed a call ..... I bit too cumbersome to order via the web. I hope this helps you in your quest.[/url]
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

GaryG wrote:AUL40005D506
AUL = Albin
40 = 40 North Sea Cutter
005 = 5th built
D05 = Hull laid in April 2005
06 = Model Year
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

When you have questions about replacement parts that you can't get answered here, I suggest contacting your local former Albin dealer. I wouldn't start harassing Shamrock with questions about suppliers that were used before they even had anything to do with the comany. Your best bet is the guys who have been selling and servicing these boats for years.

If you're not sure who your local Albin dealer was, you can call the PNW dealer, Bellingham Yacht Sales. Google it. They have been very helpful for me when I had questions.
GaryG
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by GaryG »

You guys are fantastic. Thanks for all the information. It makes owning my first boat a lot less scary knowing there is support out there. I'd been looking for 8 months and just couldn't resists this boat.
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

Gary, I tried two or three places who said they couldn't match the key type. Finaly found these guys in San Mateo who said "no problem". Had five keys made in 10 minutes.

http://www.sanmateolockworks.com/

Where is your boat?
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Mike,

Good to know for the next time I need some keys made for the boat.

Thanks,

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
GaryG
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by GaryG »

Thanks for the info Mike. I keep the boat at Grand Marina in Alameda. I finally found a place on Telegraph in Oakland called Reed Brothers. They were able to make the skeleton keys ($20 per key) but it took a few days.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”