• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Manuel Toilet in 31 TE

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Manuel Toilet in 31 TE

Post by zinbaad »

ok so there is a manuel operating toilet in the head & owners says he hates the smell of salt water & odor coming up so after youdo your business he uses the sink hose to flush the bowl?????
So after inspection I see the sea cock is open but when the toggle switch is moved over & pumped (should pump up salt water) I get no salt water into the bowl...
Gasket or Valve problem?
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

I have a manual pump head on my boat as well (Jabsco) and every year I lubricate the rubber gasket with some synthetic grease. This keeps the action of lifting the handle to flush very smooth and you can feel when the suction is created to draw the water in. I have seen re-build kits for these heads as well and that may be all that's needed. Before you go this route, have you verified the through hull pick up isn't blocked with marine growth?

Anthony
"MadMoney"
Ilwaco/Seattle Washington
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Could be a lot of things. Could be a clogged thru-hull or strainer. Could be a bad gasket or O-ring. Could be a pinched hose.

Take the water intake hose off and see if water comes out (assuming it's below the waterline). Work from there.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

It may have just lost its prime. If someone has pumped it too much with the lever in the right hand position, they may have pumped it dry. If you had the boat pulled to do the survey, and did not close the sea cock, then it could have drained and lost its prime. Try closeing the sea cock and remove the hose. Take a pressure hose either fresh from the dock or your raw water wash down and stick it on the end of the hose while you get someone to flush (lever in the left position). If this does not do it then you have other issues which I have not yet had to deal with.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
tlinson
Gold Member
Gold Member

manual toilet

Post by tlinson »

I would also check the length of the suction hose from seacock to pump.I found that the hose was looped around and longer than need be. Shortened it by about 2 feet and routed it directly, it made a world of difference.

Tim Linson
TROSS
2006 26 TE
/Users/timlinson/Desktop/P1010002.jpg
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

thanks for the tip. Oh how I have so much more to learn.. My walkarond & outboard on a trailer were oh so simpler but..

Return to “Albin Maintenance”