• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28TE Vacuum Flush

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Allan
Deckhand
Deckhand

Albin 28TE Vacuum Flush

Post by Allan »

I am considering replacing my manual flush toilet that came with the boat with a Sealand VacuFlush system. Lack of space is certainly the biggest issue with the conversion. Can anyone who has made this change or someone with a factory installed system provide some guidance ?

Thanks, Allan
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

While this is not a proper reply to your question, I will piggyback on it to ask our marine plumbing experts who may answer how to suck the contents out of the holding tank on a flush deck 28TE. Of course I know that there is a deck plate and that the pump-out has to be working. There is one Y-valve on the hull side of the head and another somewhere under the cockpit floor. Is there a combination of lever positions needed to allow evacuation of the holding tank? Help will be appreciated.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I can answer the flush deck pump out question ... I have an '03 flush deck.

The valve next to the head is for direct overboard discharge. It bi-passes the holding tank altogether. The second Y-valve located on the starboard side (under helm seat) controls directing waste to the macerator (overboard discharge) or the pump out. I leave mine in the pumpout posistion so that it is ready to go.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Albin Maintenance”