• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Kudos to Dock Call

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Kudos to Dock Call

Post by jcollins »

ANYONE on the Chesapeake looking for a good, reliable mechanic should call Andy Hoyt. The name of his company is Dock Call and he recently registered here. His username is dockcall.
I had several things that needed to be done. Stuffing box leaking, install the long overdue glow plug heater relay, new glow plugs, and replace impeller.
When we were at the rendezvous we noticed the bilge pump running at least 3 times the first night. My first thought was the rudder post problem that Chief had. I didn't mention it to anyone until I was sure. This past weekend I got all the water out of the bilge and then watched a steady stream coming in from under the engine. After a sigh of relief I called Andy to check the packing and tighten things up.

The new manual relay should solve the hot starting issue. Sharon was tired of putting the ice pack on the clum relay so we could start the engine. :)

None of this is difficult maintenance for a pro. I was most impressed with his professionalism, promptness, and attitude. It was hot today. He was in that bilge taking care of things and not once did he complain about the heat. He was very clean. Kept a rag with him at all times and left no greasy fingerprints anywhere. He cleaned up, left no mess at all. I am now on his list for regular maintenance. Andy is familiar with Peninsular, Yanmar, and Cummins. Most importantly Albins.

I highly recommend Andy to anyone in our area. Keep his name.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

It's always good to find a mechanic that can be trusted and know what they are doing. Just one less thing you need to worry about!
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”