• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member from Brookings Oregon

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

New Member from Brookings Oregon

Post by pkdiver »

My wife and I have a 2005 Albin 28 TE Express that we purchased 2 years ago and that we keep moored in Brookings, Oregon. We are primarily into fishing and some scuba diving with our boat. Our plan in a couple of years is to trailer our boat up to Anacortes or Bellingham and take off on an extended trip up to Desolation Sound. Someone told me about this site and it looks like a good place to exchange information about our Albins.
We would be interested in attending gatherings up in the San Juans, Gulf Islands or points in between in the future. This summer is out though.
Pete & Kathleen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Do you own a trailer for the boat or would you hire a company to move it for you?

Desolation Sound is a beautiful place. I spent several summers up there as a kid. We rarely make it up that far north anymore, though the San Juans and Gulf Islands are still within reach in our busy schedules.

I don't know that our Puget Sound/British Columbia rendezvous is really going to come together this summer. It seems to have fallen on me to make it happen, and I was too busy to plan it when my calendar was open, and by the time I found the time, the calendar was all filled up. It could still happen later in the season I suppose, but for now, it's TBA.

Have you done any boating up our way before?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

pkdiver,
Welcome to the group. Great looking boat. Nice pier too.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Post by pkdiver »

Hi Mariner,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you with your questions.
We do have a Pacific Trailer for our boat. It is heavy duty with very good air brakes. I used to get a little nervious trailering the boat at first but it actually trailers pretty easy although. The only thing that I have to watch out for is low overpasses. The boat sits @ 13'10" to the top of the radar dome on the trailer. We live in Grants pass, Oregon and I bring the boat home for the winter.
We have boated in the San Juans a couple of times in the past with a 26' Sea Swirl that we had before our Albin. No comparison between the two boats and we can't wait to get back up there with our Albin but with our busy schedules it will most likely be next summer before we can get up there again. Unless we can swing it for sometime in September.
Take care,
Pete
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lucky

Post by RicM »

We had a 25' Proline WalkAround before our 03 28 TE. I forget what a PITA that boat was now that I am spoiled by the Albin. It's good to keep in perspective how lucky we all are to be running these great, thrifty boats at a time when I see lots of double outboard rigs on trailers in peoples front yards with For Sale signs on them.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

For now, I'm happy with my 18' Boston Whaler and relatively unfettered access to the family's 36' Express Trawler. But a few years in the future, I think a quad-cab, heavy-duty, diesel truck, towing a 28' Tournament Express would be about the dream combination. There are so many landlocked lakes in the pacific northwest that would be fun to explore in something with the comfort of an Albin.

Someday I'd like to make the trip from Lewiston, ID, to Astoria, OR on the Columbia, but doing it round-trip doesn't sound all that fun, nor does the trip down (and back up) the coast. So, something trailerable is in order.

Lake Roosevelt. Man, a person could spend a week exploring that place. Lake Chelan and Stehekin. Quite the trip in an 18' boat, but a comfortable adventure in a 28 footer.

I spent a weekend up at Priest Lake in Idaho. Now that's a gem worth spending more time on. And of curse there's Coeur D'Alene.

And one of these days I'd like to make the trip down to Shasta and see it from somewhere other than just flying by on the freeway.

Or perhaps some deep sea fishing out of Westport without the punishing, week long trip around the Olympic Peninsula.

Anyway, you get my point. I'm very envious of you.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member from Brookings Oregon

Post by whwells »

Pete & Kathleen: Hello from your former Luhrs Trinidad / Brooking neighbor. It looks like we will get the NW Rendezvous off to a great start July 20 at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes. I am now moored nearby at Anacortes Marina and helping DKircher with the gathering. Pete are you still working daily? Please join us. I will be around before & after the Renezvous if you want to do some short cruising and or fishing. Can we add you two to the list?
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”