• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 35 TE window leaks

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Albin 35 TE window leaks

Post by loganmj »

Does anyone have experience resealing windows on the TE series? It appears the outboard front facing windows have minor leaks. The windows are framed on the inside and outside by screwed in powder coated aluminum frames. I took the screws out today from the outside and it looks like the screw holes could be a source of leakage based on the dried up sealant I saw around the screws. I suspect the other potential leak source is the lower edge of the window which will have water continuously running across it when it rains.

I did some gentle prying of the frame and it appear to want to take the window with it (screws on the inside frame were still installed and tight), so I thought I better see what I can learn before I turn a minor leak into a major one!

If nobody has any experience, I may just try and reseal the bottom edge of window and the screw holes with Sikaflex or silicone and see if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Cheers,
Mike
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's

Return to “Albin Maintenance”