• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Automatic bilge pump

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Royalllc
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Long Beach

Automatic bilge pump

Post by Royalllc »

I have an issue with bilge pumps not working in with float switches. The aft, midsection bilge pumps are not running when the bilge is full of water. I almost had a big issue white I was chasing Tuna here in California when the water was overflowing from the aft corner transom bait tank overflowed into the bilge due to the sardine's head got stuck into the discharge outlet fitting.

The spring-loaded manual toggle bilge switch ( don't think a 3-way switch) only has manual on and off position. All 3 bilge pumps work when I hold it to an on position but off when I let go of the toggle switch. The automatic float switch isn't working when I manually lifted it.

I couldn't find a separate inline fuse and scratching my head what could be the problem.

Yanma 315 engine. 2004 Albin 28 Flush deck.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Automatic bilge pump

Post by nebulatech »

It's probably your float switch. When I replaced mine, it was cheaper to buy the pump float switch combo. Then again, abouta month ago I had to repair the bilge pump and The problem was corroded wiring At the spice even though I used marine grade heat shrink. Maybe something simple that requires no parts.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “Albin Maintenance”