• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fridge temp

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jms02050
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fridge temp

Post by jms02050 »

Hi - Anybody using thermometers to monitor their fridge temperature? Got a bluetooth thermometer to keep an eye on the little fridge in my 28 since we use it for food storage and it hovers between 41 to 46 degrees while plugged in at the dock. ... not ideal since we want 40 per the FDA. Wonder if anybody else has some real world numbers?

Thx,
Jim
Jim S.
2003 28 TE - Full Circle
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Re: Fridge temp

Post by JBrooks »

I do see temps in the mid to lower 40’s sometimes. I end up using a cooler to put all my drinks in so I’m not opening the fridge all the time. My fridge was 39.4 when I left the boat Sunday. I’ve had the bluetooth thermometer for 6 weeks. I try not to place anything warm in the fridge with food. I’ll throw water, cokes, beer into a ice cooler to chill them and not the fridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
jms02050
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fridge temp

Post by jms02050 »

I had picked up a wireless thermometer. That graph for your Bluetooth thermometer looks great. What year is your fridge? Thinking age might have something to do with it.
Jim S.
2003 28 TE - Full Circle

Return to “Albin Maintenance”