• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windshield wiper motor

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Windshield wiper motor

Post by dgetswet »

Has anyone had to replace their windshield wiper motor on 28' Albin Flush deck?

My starboard motor went and unfortunately I had to cut the shaft to get the arm off or I would have had it rebuilt. I have a AFI wiper motor 110 degree swipe The motor is 7 1/2 by 4' with a 3 inch shaft.
I looked at the company website and found they no longer make this size. I would like to find something that will fit in the holes that were made on the original.
Any thoughts ideas or knowledge of who may still sell these type motors is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Re: Windshield wiper motor

Post by Paddy »

Hey Don,

I went through this with my AFI motor last year. The port side was working but squeaky, i decided to pull it and replace. Went to Freeport Marine...they said the 3" was not in stock, special order. The cost was enough for me to deal with the squeak so i bolted it back in. Try them or work with the owner at Fred Chall, he has been awesome to deal with over the years.

Good luck.

Rob (down the canal)
2004 28TE
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

The 3" shaft is not a good choice if you have, or are planning to have pantograph wiper arms. I downshifted to a 2.5" shaft and it works perfectly. The cabin top where the motors are is less than 1" thick on my boat, an '05 28TE.
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

Thanks guys. I contacted Marinco/AFI directly to find some answers since it is their product. They emailed me back telling me they only have the 2.5 inch shaft and it is the AFI 1000. Looking around at some of the on-line dealers it runs about $150 or so.
I emailed Marinco back and asked them if they have the AFI 2000 (I read these were made and possibly stopped). I also asked if there was a way I could tell what model I own. Waiting to hear back.

Thanks again. I hope this information will help others as well.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

When I replaced mine, it was easier to get the 2 speed version. I’ve only used one wire so the two speed doesn’t actually work on mine.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

dgetswet wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:45 am Thanks guys. I contacted Marinco/AFI directly to find some answers since it is their product. They emailed me back telling me they only have the 2.5 inch shaft and it is the AFI 1000. Looking around at some of the on-line dealers it runs about $150 or so.
I emailed Marinco back and asked them if they have the AFI 2000 (I read these were made and possibly stopped). I also asked if there was a way I could tell what model I own. Waiting to hear back.

Thanks again. I hope this information will help others as well.

So Marinco got back in touch with me today. They explained the AFI 2000 was replaced with the MARINCO–1.5 Heavy-Duty Wiper Motors. Seems to retail around $230.00. Plus the wiper and arm if needed.

Thanks

Don N.
Constant Struggle
28 TE Flush Deck
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Albin Maintenance”