• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Help with identifying system

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Andrewc
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: SouthportNC

Help with identifying system

Post by Andrewc »

I have a 1986 Albin 34 that has been a labor of love for me the past two years. I have replaced or repaired most of all of the systems, and my wife and I have been able to stay on her comfortably and have taken several small trips. There is one last item that I have not really touched because I am not really sure what it is for. It is a Y valve near the holding tank. The left lower hose goes to a through hull, right lower hose goes to the top of the holding tank and the top hose goes to an opening on the outside of the hull. I have attached pics. I also have a regular Y valve for the holding tank that allows me to pump into the holding tank or directly overboard. Anyone have this extra setup on their boat? Thanks for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: Help with identifying system

Post by rebuckley »

Yep - all of our heads were originally designed to have a "direct to the fish" option. Back in the 70/80s there was much less opportunity to get a pump out and this was quite common on the boats. The Y by the holding tank used to have a masserator pump to send it overboard (or up to the pump out opening). With the abundance of pumpout locations and the laws for nature - I have disabled (removed) all except the one for the tank to pump out directly - but left that in case of some "emergency".
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)

Return to “Albin Maintenance”