• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The find of a century!!! The Albin Arkiv

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

The find of a century!!! The Albin Arkiv

Post by tribologist »

https://digitaltmuseum.se/search/?aq=to ... %A5t%29%22

Not sure anyone posted a link to Sjöhistoriska Museumet in Gothenburg. I have not gone through it but it looks like every drawing of the boat is up there.

https://digitaltmuseum.se/search/?q=Albin+25
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The find of a century!!! The Albin Arkiv

Post by tribologist »

Albin 25 prototype! with Mr Brohäll himself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Pipe head!!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

A wonderful find. Wouldn't you like to find that prototype!
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Post by ssrig »

I have seen those images somewhere else, maybe on the Albineers site?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

ssrig wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:21 am I have seen those images somewhere else, maybe on the Albineers site?
The might have downloaded them. The original are at the Sjöhistoriska Museum. That is the main nautical museum in Sweden.

I was going through most of them. There was a lot of very nice drawing, Super useful. There is a line drawing there that is way more detailed than the one in the handbook. I'm really tempted to try to loft it into Onshape to get a hull 3D model
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Bob Noodat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 am A wonderful find. Wouldn't you like to find that prototype!
To bad that that is not in the Collection at the museum. They do have a regular A25 there. There are a few candidates for a wood top around. I hate woodworking myself. I much rather work in fiberglass but maybe someone get inspired an makes a Mahogny top one...

Actually, Have anyone seen some one using the car wrap stuff on boats? My understanding is that it holds up for a few years even when fully exposed to sunlight
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

One thing I wish I knew how to do would be to build an electric powered scale RC model A25, at about 1 inch = 1 foot scale. Even with orginal line drawings getting all the contours right would be difficult. I'm certainly not sophisticated enough or equipped to program and do 3D printing of hull & deck components. Since we're not doing anything with our boat until at least the fall season (we're into 100 degree plus weather) would be fun to have a working model to buzz around our swimming pool. Even just a static display model would be cool.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
AdSurrey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hoo, Rochester

Post by AdSurrey »

I would definitely be interested in a model version! Wouldn't need to be rc as I'd just like a display model
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

How would one go about printing that photo of Brohall? I cannot print directly from the post above.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

When you click on the photo and bring it up, you should then be able to Right click a mouse, or if on a tablet simply hold your finger on the picture, and you should then see a menu including View Image and Save Image. Save it to your device, then print it.

If you have a problem then I could email it to you.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

What Bob says. Alternately, on a Windows PC, if you click the image, it opens in a new window. The shortcut keys to bring up the print dialog are "Ctrl + P" or hold the control key while pressing P.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

A note of caution when referencing the drawings. I believe the A25 was pretty much a "work in progress" throughout much of it's production life. Numerous tweaks in fittings, motors, shafts, panel systems, etc. occurred during production and not all changes made their way back to the drawings. I find the site useful to understand the intended form and function of many components and systems but have learnt not to embark on a project without first checking actual dimensions on my boat. My latest discovery was to find the windshield dimensions shown on the drawing for the two acrylic windows were short in length by about 100mm.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”