• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 head's ceiling vent leak drip

Albin's "power cruisers"
PugetAlbin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Seattle, WA USA

A25 head's ceiling vent leak drip

Post by PugetAlbin »

Hey Albineers,

I've got rainwater dripping from my A25 head's ceiling air vent. That vent, A25ers may recall, has a sort of duct built into the cabin top that leads about 5 feet feet forward before exiting through an exterior vent in the cabin roof. I haven't tried yet to chase this drip, but I can imagine a lot of devious possibilities, like, from the exterior vent? from a bad grabrail screw bedding? from some other place in the cabin top deck?. If anyone has experience tracking this particular leak, I'd like to hear.

Fair winds and smooth seas, and no drips,

Nate
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: A25 head's ceiling vent leak drip

Post by WillieC »

Surely you've pulled the stainless cover off to check for anomalies? There is a baseplate that directs water out, maybe it is compromised. Thanks for the reminder to replace the guts of the opposing vent on the WillieC. Its guts are all UV rotted. The instant potato drip catchment cup is almost invisible to me after, lo, these many years.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 head's ceiling vent leak drip

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Surely you've pulled the stainless cover off to check for anomalies? There is a baseplate that directs water out, maybe it is compromised. Thanks for the reminder to replace the guts of the opposing vent on the WillieC. Its guts are all UV rotted.
Quite. It's usually the plastic base that gets sun rotted. Another been there, done that. I believe they come with a big O ring gasket. You'll have to remove the little damper thingy, because obviously it's not needed nor accessible in this application. Not likely the screws for the handrail go through the vent channel. Easy fix.
Beckson base.jpg
PS, don't call me Shirely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”