• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Another Burgee Will Fly Next Season ** PHOTOS ADDED 12/03**

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Another Burgee Will Fly Next Season ** PHOTOS ADDED 12/03**

Post by RobS »

Looks like a keeper. Spent the last two days in Wickford, RI with the Yanmar mechanic, Eddie Johnson from Johnson Boat Works in Cranston, RI and the Surveyor, Ken Johnson from Johnson Marine Surveyors of Mystic, CT and everything checked out good. Waiting on a price from Eddie Johnson as I’m planning to run the boat up to Johnson Boat Works to have servicing done prior to the run home to Long Island. Hoping to do the 100 mile run home within the next 2 weeks. I was considering having it pulled and stored for the winter in RI but I think I will have enough weather left to run it back. As we all know, it’s a good style boat to run this time of year and I’d rather have it nearby so I could monkey with it at my leisure. Here's a shot of her coming out for the survey.

Last edited by RobS on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Nice looking Albin you got there. I hope the weather holds out for you to make that trip home.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Thank You. Would be even nicer looking with the stainless ports. When I first started looking I made a comment that the stainless ports would be the first upgrade. Now that I have priced them, I take that back :shock:

I've been wreck diving offshore in January & February recovering lost anchors from wreck fisherman so I'm no stranger to the winter waters and I know the respect it requires. At least I have the luxury of running Gardiners and the Peconic and taking the inside route if needed. I frequent those winter and know the channels well. I'll pray for a sunny day in the 40's with a light trailing northeast wind...
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

BTW, why can't I fix the width of this thread. I tried resizing the photo in photobucket but it did not make a diffference. (I fixed it)
Last edited by RobS on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

RobS wrote:Thank You. Would be even nicer looking with the stainless ports. When I first started looking I made a comment that the stainless ports would be the first upgrade. Now that I have priced them, I take that back :shock:

I've been wreck diving offshore in January & February recovering lost anchors from wreck fisherman so I'm no stranger to the winter waters and I know the respect it requires. At least I have the luxury of running Gardiners and the Peconic and taking the inside route if needed. I frequent those winter and know the channels well. I'll pray for a sunny day in the 40's with a light trailing northeast wind...
Yeah...they are pricey. I want them too!!!
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Does chrome paint stick to plastic :?: :D
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Johnsons

Post by RicM »

Have you ever noticed how many Johnsons there are in the boat biz? I would like to know how you made out with Eddie Johnson on the Yanmar. I need some routine (500 hr) service done in the spring. A guy on my dock doesn't like him and had to steal his boat back from him in a big dispute. I am leary of even having him come to the dock and work on my boat, afraid that fisticuffs might break out!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Robs,
Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the club.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Rob,
She looks like a carbon copy of mine.
I may have seen her in Wickford, but I couldn't see the name on the transom.
Pick a good day to take her home!!
Should be a great ride!
Congrats!
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Rob - Congratulations on your purchase and best of luck with her.

I was out in the bay on last Sunday. Thank God for the pilothouse. Wind was howling, 34 degrees and it was choppy around Fall River. :( I put off hauling as long as I could but now shes waiting for haulout on Friday in Fall River. Now I have no excuses not to get things done around the house.

Not to highjack the thread but -

Ric - Eddie Johnson has a reputation of doing nice work. He has a number of awards from Mac Boring (Yanmar) but I've heard at least two similar horror stories of people having to either go get their boat or at least threaten to. He certainly has a problem sticking with promised deliveries.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Not to highjack the thread but -

Ric - Eddie Johnson has a reputation of doing nice work. He has a number of awards from Mac Boring (Yanmar) but I've heard at least two similar horror stories of people having to either go get their boat or at least threaten to. He certainly has a problem sticking with promised deliveries.
I'm not leaving the boat with him - If he sits on the work and delays me even one week it could mean the difference of a very tough ride home or having to leave her up there for the winter. Ed said it himself on Sunday when he sea trialed it and went over the motor for me that she's good to go as is right now he'd have no problem with the all day run to Long Island. I'm gonna speak to the broker and try to get this deal done within the next week and run her home. Then I'll do the servicing thru the Yanmar mechanic I know and trust right here that has worked on my prior boat with Yanmars. That will be much less stressful, no time constraints, etc.

Thanks for the info guys.
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Rob,
Now that I see the picture on my laptop and not my TREO I can SURE SEEE THE NAME NOW!!
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Be Safe

Post by RicM »

Rob:

I wrote a post early this AM but it appears that it didn't go through.
If I were you I'd not worry too much about the service items and get the boat home. Be sure your Tow US or SeaTow is paid up, bring your paper charts and be sure all safety and nav equipment are up to snuff. How are you getting up here to float her back? Ferry & train?
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Be Safe

Post by RobS »

RicM wrote:Rob:

I wrote a post early this AM but it appears that it didn't go through.
If I were you I'd not worry too much about the service items and get the boat home. Be sure your Tow US or SeaTow is paid up, bring your paper charts and be sure all safety and nav equipment are up to snuff. How are you getting up here to float her back? Ferry & train?
Just got off the phone and bound insurance and towing. We take the ferry into New London from Orient Pt. Myself my 7 yr old daughter and Mom & Dad will come up Sat. do the paperwork and money exchange and then fuel up, change the wiper blades, load on our safety eqpt etc. We'll all spend the night in a hotel and then Dad & I will leave 1st thing in the morning and Mom and my daughter will drive back home. Quality time for all. Sure beats spending the holiday weekend in an airport or on a bumper to bumper interstate.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fuel

Post by RicM »

Have you made arrangements for fuel? I would make sure that they will be open on Saturday....
Ric Murray

Wickford RI

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”