• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Parts list

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parts list

Post by NJRobert »

Does anyone know how I might obtain an Albin 28TE Newport parts list? It would be good to have on file, a list of the various vendors that Albin uses in their boats, other than those that come in the giant 3-ring binder they give you. I have an '07 Newport Edition. Pumps, motors, engine, etc, are pretty easy to replicate. I'm talking about things such as the seating, plastics, s/s/ handles, etc. aka "the little things".
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Do a search here for rod holders. There is a company in Virginia that apparently supplied Albin with lots of the Stainless Steel "little" things. Also, somewhere here someone found the company that supplies the bolsters and possibly so other cushion things. I've found on my 28 that most everything I've needed I can find at West Marine or Defender if you want to wait a bit.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Yeah, there doesn't appear to be any master "parts list" for Albin boats. The main reason for this is that, as many of us have discoverd, no two boats are the same. You could almost call Albin a semi-custom builder in that each boat is somewhat customized to the buyer. And parts suppliers are changed commonly for reasons of cost, quality, availability, and convenience.

I've found that my local dealer was quite helpful in identifying suppliers for replacement parts.
CMPLAS

Albin's vendors for "the little things"

Post by CMPLAS »

With respect to the question regarding "the little things" and how one might get replacement compnents for a Newport Edition A28- I am posting this so any/all interested Albin owners can keep this on file - My company Custom Marine Plastics, Inc located in Bristol Rhode Island has been Albin's supplier of virtually any/all "plastic parts" (other than hand-made one-offs) like access hatches, draw units, tackle lockers, companionway door assemblies, finish trim, rod holders, (pretty much any StarBoard part) and most acrylic parts too, since 2000. We have provided components for each current model including the A26 TE, A26CC, all A28's, 30, 31, 32, 35, and some 45's. Before Albin came to us they sourced some lockers from a now-closed N. Carolina company, but most were hand-made in-house by the factory. Everything from an underside pulpit plate to transom hatch covers and everything in between can still be sourced from Custom Marine Plastics, Inc. Simply give us a call and I'll do my best to help any Albin owner out. (401) 253-5400. This is also good info for older Albin hulls pre 2000 that might want to get "freshened-up" with some new parts.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

CMPLAS,
Welcome to the group. I copied your information and placed in the links section.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
CMPLAS

Post by CMPLAS »

Thanks John (Afterglow). This was my first posting and was not sure how/who would see it. With Albin now closed, I thought this info might be helpful. I hope it was.
NeilDB
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Southampton UK

Re:

Post by NeilDB »

CMPLAS wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm Thanks John (Afterglow). This was my first posting and was not sure how/who would see it. With Albin now closed, I thought this info might be helpful. I hope it was.
Hi, are you still operating and supplying replacement Albin parts ?
Oh when the Saints go marching in !!!

Still looking for my perfect forever boat !! :roll:
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Re:

Post by Pitou »

NeilDB wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm
This thread was from 10 years ago and Compass Marine Plastics is not active, but in business. Their contact info is still the same.
custommarineplastics.com
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
NeilDB
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Southampton UK

Re: Re:

Post by NeilDB »

Pitou wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm
NeilDB wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm
This thread was from 10 years ago and Compass Marine Plastics is not active, but in business. Their contact info is still the same.
custommarineplastics.com

Yes I did realise that the thread was historic but good to know the company is still operating.
Thank you kindly !
Oh when the Saints go marching in !!!

Still looking for my perfect forever boat !! :roll:
gpardos
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Indian shores fl

Re: Parts list

Post by gpardos »

A source for custom cut parts as well as other hardware needed is https://www.boatoutfitters.com/about-us.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”