• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raw Water intake Hose Replacement

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JKISP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Melbourne, FL

Raw Water intake Hose Replacement

Post by JKISP »

<t>The hose from the strainer to the raw water pump on my 6LPA is about 9 ft long and is starting to deteriorate . It has 2 - 90 deg turns to get around the fuel tank and a sever almost 180 deg turn just prior to the nipple on the raw water pump. My Yanmar Parts Catalog says the part number of the pump hose connection is 119773-42550 but nipple diameter is not shown. Outside diameter of the hose is 2" and it feels like it has a wire in it. I need a recommendation on hose type, quality and inside diameter.</t>
JKISP
"Island Belle" 2003 28TE, 6LP, Hull # 586
Manatee Cove Marina, Patrick AFB
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Raw Water intake Hose Replacement

Post by RobS »

Inside diameter (ID) should be 1-3/4" for that run . Trident 250-1340 would be a good choice.

BTW, Hose nomenclature is by the ID. Isn't the current hose marked? Measuring the OD of what you have is of no value as to identifying it as wall thicknesses vary.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
JKISP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Melbourne, FL

Post by JKISP »

Thanks Rob - It could be original 2003 hose and has no markings. My guess was 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 but note 1 5/8 is not common. Important that I arrive at the boat ( in the water ) with the correct hose since I am sure when an end is removed it will have damage and not replaceable. Around here it may take a week to reorder and hurricane season is just around the corner. Hope all is well in Center Moriches.
JKISP
"Island Belle" 2003 28TE, 6LP, Hull # 586
Manatee Cove Marina, Patrick AFB
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Post by dgetswet »

I just replaced my intake from the seacock to the strainer. It was 6'5" long it was the original from 2004 and it to was starting to crack. It was a 2 inch hose with wire reinforcement. I took mine out and brought it to the shop so if there was any mistakes it was on them.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Albin Maintenance”