• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Exhaust Flapper Valve for FC 27, 2-1/2" ID

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Jon Fuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Long Point, CT

Exhaust Flapper Valve for FC 27, 2-1/2" ID

Post by Jon Fuller »

Hello,
I would like to replace my exhaust flapper valve. The old one was labeled EG-300. I ordered what I thought was the correct replacement. I tried it on but it was far too big. . I checked the old one and measured it as 2-1/2" I.D. I have searched the internet but have not been able to find a supplier for a 2-1/2 .Any suggestions on where to get one that is a correct fit?
Thank you,
Jon
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: Exhaust Flapper Valve for FC 27, 2-1/2" ID

Post by dkirsop »

I am assuming this is an external flapper on the transom. When I replaced mine I had to buy one that was oversized but listed as also fitting a smaller exhaust pipe. I removed a small section from the part of the flapper that is clamped to the pipe so that when clamped the two ends that remain will be squeezed together and clamped to the pipe. Nothing is done to the flapper itself. The section that is cut out is equivalent in length to the difference of the inner circumference of the flapper and the outer circumference of the exhaust pipe. A long explanation for a 5 minute job.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “Albin Maintenance”