• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Aluminum Sacrificial Anodes

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

pedrosham
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Francisco

Aluminum Sacrificial Anodes

Post by pedrosham »

Does anyone have experience with these for the 28 Tournament Express?
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: Aluminum Sacrificial Anodes

Post by mjohnh »

I just ordered a set from performance metals not 30 minutes ago. He told me that the ABYC did a study and found that aluminum was best for both fresh and salt water and that they adopted a standard to that effect. Their telephone number is 215-760-6712 and their email address is: mwigg@performancemetals.com. I got this reference off of this board by doing a brief search. I have not done business with them before, but he sounded knowledgeable. Cost for a set is about $40.
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Post by rcwhite »

I run aluminum as they provide better protection. A must in fresh or brackish water as well.
They may not be the best choice if you are in a marina though. Aluminum will wear before zinc so you may find them wearing very quickly connected to shore power in a marina environment.
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

The thing to remember the 'Aluminum' anodes are a special alloy including iridium I think only 1-2% . And some other metals
It makes a difference .
Check out the performance metal website for more info . The navy are using thes now. Cheers Warren
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “Albin Maintenance”