• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lehman 4D61 Removing Roto-diesel pump stuck

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kdidriksson
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Dunedin, Fl

Lehman 4D61 Removing Roto-diesel pump stuck

Post by kdidriksson »

Hello, I'm trying to remove the Roto-diesel high pressure pump and it is not coming out. I removed the three bolts on the pump and disconnected everything. The pump is loose, but seems to be hanging on something up front. My other pump just had a keyway and the pump simply pulled out. Am I missing some bolts I need to unscrew or a trick I don't know?
Thanks,
Kris
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Lehman 4D61 Removing Roto-diesel pump stuck

Post by WillieC »

Is that a Bosch pump? The Volvo Penta uses Bosch and the rack needs to be in the 'neutral' position, about half throttle, in order for the body of the pump to clear its hole in the crankcase. Hopefully, it doesn't use the same pin that connects the linkage to pump. Mine fell out and dove for the bottom of the crankcase. Fortunately, I was able to fish it out with my extendo magnet.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Lehman 4D61 Removing Roto-diesel pump stuck

Post by jleonard »

If you could post a picture of what you have it might help. Some injection pumps have a gear or sprocket that has to be removed first from the other side of the mounting surface.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”