• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE Port Front Window Leak Seal/ Gasket

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Beach NY

31TE Port Front Window Leak Seal/ Gasket

Post by SJR »

Any Info out there fore replacing the Seal or Gasket on the Front Port Windshield ? Boat is Kept on a lift and I was occasionally getting water downstairs and starting to happen more frequent. looking to remove and replace, however a little apprehensive taking it on.

thanks
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
Twin Yanmar 315HP 6-LPAM STP
gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Re: 31TE Port Front Window Leak Seal/ Gasket

Post by gerber30 »

Where is the water showing up downstairs? I ask because on my 31 I get random moisture in area below microwave...after a rain storm but not all time.
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Post by LISal »

I have the same issue with my 28 as far as the window seal but no water yet, still covered so no idea if I get water. I am just siliconing the gap where the seal has shrunk and left a small gap. My seals are white and white silicone should work perfect and if done well I believe this will be an acceptable fix. I think pulling the window is not necessary and maybe if that was my only job i would do it properly but my list is growing not shrinking. I keep sanding and keep finding things that require my attention.
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SJR »

gerber30 , same general place, it settles in the cupboard area just under the toaster /mic, and at times runs down to the bed , main berth.
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SJR »

LISAL, same here. Last season I removed and re siliconed the most of the seals, however this has grown and need to prevent damage at this point. not removing the window just the gaskets I hope
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SJR »

if anyone can find out where to get the white window trim/ gasket that goes around each of the 3 Front window's would be a huge help.... Im not looking to remove each window , but rather take the white plastic trip off re- seal and replace. I believe this will fix my issue. looks like it must come in rolls and was cut to size. will post a pic later today .
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

I probably need to do the same. Mine look awful and I'm getting water in the same area mentioned by others. Anyone try calling Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton RI? He seems to know where everything was made.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”