• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wiring schematic for 1979 33' trawler

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

mbthekey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth VA

Wiring schematic for 1979 33' trawler

Post by mbthekey »

I am new to the group and have seen reference to a wiring diagram for the 12 vdc electrical system. My 33' was flooded with fresh water and it destroyed all three batteries and the electrical wiring and burned off the battery lugs. I think I can figure out some of the wiring but I just want to make sure.

mbthekey
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Wiring schematic for 1979 33' trawler

Post by jleonard »

mbthekey wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:07 pm I am new to the group and have seen reference to a wiring diagram for the 12 vdc electrical system. My 33' was flooded with fresh water and it destroyed all three batteries and the electrical wiring and burned off the battery lugs. I think I can figure out some of the wiring but I just want to make sure.

mbthekey
Here is the schematic for a 36 of that era. My guess is that yours is similar and the color coding is the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
mbthekey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth VA

Post by mbthekey »

Thanks! It looks like it will work for me.
chambersrj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westport, MA

Re: Wiring schematic for Albin 32 +2

Post by chambersrj »

Hello,

I'm new to albinowners.net so please excuse me piggy backing on this old post. The topic is the same but the boat model is different. I'm looking to take on a 1996 Albin 32 + 2 Command Bridge as a "project" boat. The sales price has been discounted on account that the wiring from midships to stern was immersed in salt water from hitting a rock and breaking open the hull. The hull damage was repaired and the time the wiring was exposed to the salt water brief but still, the seed of corrosion has been set and in a short period of time, short circuits will start occurring and systems will fail. In short, the entire electrical system needs to be gutted and replaced. I'm a retired scientist with time on my hands but on a fixed income which prevents me from hiring an marine electrician to do the work, I can operate a multi-meter as good as anyone and know the the rules in diagnosing fixed electrical systems. However, this post is the first time I have ever seen an Albin wiring schematic/diagram which gives me hope that the same might exist for a 32 + 2 Command Bridge. So the question here is, does anyone out there have a wiring diagram/schematic for a Albin 32 + 2 Command Bridge?
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

You have time and know how to use a multimeter. A helper would be good. The best schematic you will ever get is the one you make. Label as you go. (Said the guy who neglected to do that and had to trace wires to see how he wired the VHF.)
chambersrj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westport, MA

Post by chambersrj »

Hi Willie,

Thanks for your suggestion and certainly that's the way I would go however just like you learned with your VHF, it's easy to get fooled and when that happens, going back and figuring out where it all went wrong is a big waste of time and money which might have been prevented with a diagram in hand.

Certainly wiring schematics for Albin boats must exist for use on the production floor but also to sent to dealers for making repairs in and out of warranty. Yet I can't find anything on the internet and right when I was about to give up hope, I came across this 2019 posted reply from J. Leonard where he had an attached wiring diagram for a 36' 1970's Trawler and that is the first and only Albin wiring diagram I've ever come across. I would use that diagram as a basis but it's from the 70's, the boat I'm looking at is from the mid-90's, and much can change in production in two decades such that depending on that one diagram comes with risks.

Other than what I might get from this website, I can only think of two other resources for wiring diagrams, one being C&C Marine in Bristol, RI who bought out Albin in 2009 and Terry Compton, founder of Compton Marine in Fall River, MA who designed many of Albin's boat models including the 32 + 2 production facilities. However, despite press releases from C&C Marine issued in 2010 that they were going to be producing Albin boats, I'm not aware of any being produced and I believe Terry Compton is in his late 80's or early 90's and likely isn't involved with the company he founded after leaving Albin, that is if the company is still in operation.

So, allow me one last shout out to members;

Does anyone out there have a wiring diagram for either a Albin Sportfisher or 32 + 2 Command Bridge?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”