• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 Water Heater

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Albin 28 Water Heater

Post by dgetswet »

Can anyone tell me about the water heater. Never had one so I want to make sure I check it out right and see if it works. Do I need to run the boat to use it?
The fresh water tank is full. Does that have a separate water tank, and if so where would the fill be located?

Thanks so many questions hoping to pull information from the experienced Albin owners.

Don
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Albin 28 Water Heater

Post by Tree »

If the fresh water tank is full - you’re good to go.

Hot water is either via heat from the cooling water of the engine or via the water heater switch on your AC panel in the cabin. Simple as that.

Twenty minutes of running the engine or twenty minutes on the switch is usually enough to get the water from the hot tap piping hot.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

before turning on the breaker to the water heater, make sure it is full by turning on the fresh water pump and turning on a couple faucets using the hot valves. This will get any air out. From the heater, follow the black hoses to just above the alternator or in the general area, and you will see small inline valves. Handles in line with hose will circulate antifreeze from motor when running and heat your water in the tank. Use caution if kids on board, as water can be 160 degrees. It will remain hot for hours, even overnight unless its used up.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Royalllc
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Long Beach

Post by Royalllc »

Tree wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:23 pm If the fresh water tank is full - you’re good to go.

Hot water is either via heat from the cooling water of the engine or via the water heater switch on your AC panel in the cabin. Simple as that.

Twenty minutes of running the engine or twenty minutes on the switch is usually enough to get the water from the hot tap piping hot.
What wattage heater do Albin 28 have? I just bought 2004 28 flush deck and thinking about having a ooyalble generator to power AC when need for AC power outlets and got water heater.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Off the top of my head - no idea. I guess it’s got to be 1500 watt but that’s at 240 volts here.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Royalllc wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm What wattage heater do Albin 28 have? I just bought 2004 28 flush deck and thinking about having a ooyalble generator to power AC when need for AC power outlets and got water heater.
120 Volt is 1500 Watt - when running the AC Heating Element the thermostat regulates the temperature at 140 degrees. The thermostat is not adjutable.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Post by dgetswet »

Royalllc wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm
Tree wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:23 pm If the fresh water tank is full - you’re good to go.

What wattage heater do Albin 28 have? I just bought 2004 28 flush deck and thinking about having a ooyalble generator to power AC when need for AC power outlets and got water heater.
I don't have a generator on the boat. Wish I did.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Albin Maintenance”