• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat Lift Specifications for Albin 25

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Firefly25
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port Charlotte, Florida, USA

Boat Lift Specifications for Albin 25

Post by Firefly25 »

It is my understanding that the Albin must rest on its keel when trailering or on a boat lift. Can anyone give me the proper dimensions/distance and height of the bunker placement, to properly support the Albin 25? Also, please let me know if the information I was given regarding the boat resting on its keel is correct?

Thank you!
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Boat Lift Specifications for Albin 25

Post by WillieC »

Mine does not rest on its keel when trailering. I have four bunks.
Dual axles are centered on the engine.

And welcome aboard! Lots of discussion going on about trailers in the A25 forum right now even if not listed in the Subject line.
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Treeman »

Mine doesn't rest on her keel either and has very fine for at least the 11 years I've had her. Similar arrangement to WillieC's.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Similar to Willie C and Treeman I have multiple bunks but I did add keel support rollers to better support the boat when trailering. To each their own preferences.

I looked at photos of the many setups that can be found on this web site before configuring my trailer. It’s a trial and error process but most systems are sufficiently adjustable to accommodate fine tuning. Basically you should have the boat sit as low as possible on the trailer but keep 12 to 14 inches ground clearance at the rudder when trailering.

I initially set up the bunks and then added the keel rollers when I was satisfied with how the boat launched and retrieved. I set the keel rollers about 1/8” high to support about half the weight.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

FWIW, when I was aligning the engine mounts to the prop shaft, the boat was on the trailer in the yard. Having read that it is crucial for the boat to be in the water for final check, I did just that and found no change. Lots of variables there, but I am fairly confident with the four bunks.

My ramp, built several decades ago by my machinist father who disdained lowly boards and nails with a vengeance, is not level side to side. Big deal, so I thought. What that actually does is that it puts the boat on the trailer slightly askew, water being level and all. As I pull it forward on the bunks, before all the weight is on them, I try to rock the boat back and forth to help it settle into its proper position. I like the idea of rollers for the keel, as it might help with the Armstrong Winch Method, but in my case, might also add a level of difficulty. You guys with fancy level ramps and all...sheesh!

Return to “Albin Maintenance”