• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

High Trans Temp Alarm

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

smitty
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: huntington,ny

High Trans Temp Alarm

Post by smitty »

I have a 2007 28TE. This past weekend I had a high trans temp alarm go off. I checked the transmission and it was cool. Now as soon as I turn on ignition with the engine cold, the alarm goes off. Any ideas? Thanks for any feedback.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: High Trans Temp Alarm

Post by rebuckley »

A few thoughts - I assume this was also tested from a cold start? SO you know the oil was cool? (1) sender could be bad - they work through resistance usually - so you can use a multi-meter to see if it simply jumps to the "open" (or "closed" I always forget which) to cause the alarm. (2) If it wasn't fully cool, maybe the transmission oil pump has failed? So the oil is not being sent to the cooler anymore?
I would try the simplest fix first, assume sender or sender wiring is bad.
<EDIT> I see you said cold start - so I would go with the sender being bad (or wiring to sender) it sounds like once you give it voltage, it completes the circuit and sets off buzzer
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
smitty
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: huntington,ny

Post by smitty »

The alarm goes off when i turn the key, I dont have to start the engine. One problem is I can’t find the sensor on tranny or heat exchanger. This boat has the yanmar 6lp 315 hp engine with a zf 63a transmission.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Very confusing that you started two different threads on this ????? ........ I replied to this earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11207
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”