• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 insurance coverage?

Albin's "power cruisers"
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

A25 insurance coverage?

Post by OldDemps »

Who is your A25 insurance coverage with?
What are you Coverages and premium your paying?

I’m hoping to find coverage for approximately $15,000 in stated value without having a recent survey.

Geico will only provide $7300. Hull coverage at $500 deductible for $180 yr.
progressive doesn’t show their “agreed value” amount in their quote of $500 a year.

I have survey from 2010 showing boat value of $21,500.

My recent Albin 28TE was only $560 yr for $85,000 hull value and higher liability limits thru Chubb.

My insurance coverage would be for coastal pacific and western Canada.

Thanks
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 insurance coverage?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hey Oldemps,

SKOL?? Isn't that the same boat that was listed for sale on CL up in Seattle recently, & sitting in Donato's boatyard & marina on Lake Union? Did you just buy it? We've been wondering what happened after it dropped off CL. WillieC & I had been following that closely. If so, then you got a smokin' deal whatever the final amount you ended up paying. What's the status on completing the install/hookup of the Yanmar & what else needs done? There wasn't much in the way of interior photos in the ad except one shot of the forward cabin. Otherwise the boat looked pretty much stock original with little if any customizing mods. Did you get a trailer for it or is it still sitting somewhere in Seattle after the Donato yard was supposedly going to close at the end of last month?

Anyway, to answer your questions on insurance, all of my BoatUS/GEICO policy docs are over in our boat right now, but if I recall correctly our agreed on value is $20,000 without doing a survey, other than me submitting interior & exterior photos, several of which I've posted on recent discussions about trailers. This year's premiums went up some to $228 per year, including coverage for coastal cruising up into Canada. And I also maintain BoatUS "Unlimited Gold" membership coverage for trailer & on water towing.
skol.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Update: Just checked some of the back postings that I missed earlier this summer. Congrats on getting SKOL, nice score. Hope you do get to cruise BC waters when the boat is back in running condition, perhaps next summer. Lots to see up there.
20180708_111755.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Thx Desert Albin,
I called and purchased GEICO for $12,800 agreed hull value with $500 deductible & $300/500K liability for $285 annual. They said Survey required for higher agreed value.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

I insure at $12K through Skippers Plan (Aviva) for less than $500, cant remember exact cost, but one feature is they will cover for US travel and reimburse for towing.
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Oh, by the way, on another subject we discussed by PM, here's what our engine with AquaDrive looks like.
DSCN3674.JPG
DSCN3676.JPG
DSCN3676crop.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”