• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

headliner in aft cabin.

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Aurora
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tiverton, rhode island

headliner in aft cabin.

Post by Aurora »

can anyone recommend an adhesive to use for the headliner? its was replaced before i bot the boat, and is coming down. thanks
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Telicop River near Vonore, TN

Re: headliner in aft cabin.

Post by tego »

The headliner in my aft cabin ('87 FC) is not glued to the overhead. It is original and is simply stretched between tack strips behind the headliner. If done correctly, it doesn't sag at all. It is vinyl with about a 3/4" foam backing. If it's coming down around the sides and rear undersides, the problem is rotten tacking strips on the underside of the glass. Mine had this and I simply epoxied new cypress tacking strips under the glass and restretched the original headliner, stapled it and made new white, wooden covering strips to cover the staples. It wasn't a bad or difficult job, but takes a little time. Good luck, Ben
Aurora
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tiverton, rhode island

Re: headliner in aft cabin.

Post by Aurora »

thanks

Return to “Albin Maintenance”