• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Outboard on a A27FC

Albin's "power cruisers"
blandc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Outboard on a A27FC

Post by blandc »

I know this is probably heresy, but has anyone ever installed an outboard engine on a A27FC. The thought came to me last evening when I was looking at the cost involved in a possible repower for the boat I have. Just wondering?????? The value of the boat versus the cost to repower really has me shaking my head and wondering what to do.....................
Any thoughts?
Charles
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: Outboard on a A27FC

Post by Beta Don »

It's been discussed here before, but I don't think anyone has ever done it

You would need to do LOTS of work to strengthen the transom to be able to support an engine of any size - The transom on an A27 is really thin and flimsy. That cost, plus the cost of a new 50HP four stroke (about $7,500) plus the cost of an outboard bracket ($1,500??) might be getting close to what a repower would cost and who knows what it would do to the resale value of your A27. Most people looking to buy one would be wanting a diesel I suspect

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”