• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any Albin 27 FC owners in North Carolina?

Albin's "power cruisers"
boater79
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Raleigh

Any Albin 27 FC owners in North Carolina?

Post by boater79 »

Hi,
My wife and I are interested in an Albin 27 FC for us and our two children. We are just wanting to get on board one here in North Carolina to see if its right for us. Not looking to buy your boat just wanting to check it out. If you have this model and live in North Carolina (or close by) please let us know. If you know of one for sale not on the internets even better!
Thanks! Craig
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Any Albin 27 FC owners in North Carolina?

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard boater 79! Good luck in your search. We are A25 owners and only two of us. We have neighbors here on the Canal who made the switch exactly as you describe, only in their case it was for the grandchildren. Hobbit may weigh in, meanwhile you might check out his posts here at AOG.
All these older models come with built in age related issues, and with kids, time is precious. We old geezers have nothing but time so fixing up the boat is worse than a job. And you don't get the added benefit of punching out at 4:00. Be patient in your search for the good one, and plan to pay for it.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

I assume you saw this one?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10985

and there are a several on Yacht World
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Telicop River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Craig, If you're coming to Knoxville/Dollywood in the near future, I'd be glad to give you a tour/ afternoon cruise. I have an '87 27FC that is in exceptional condition. I really like these boats and highly recommend them. If you're interested, give me a PM and I'll give you my phone #. Ben
boater79
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by boater79 »

WillieC wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am Welcome aboard boater 79! Good luck in your search. We are A25 owners and only two of us. We have neighbors here on the Canal who made the switch exactly as you describe, only in their case it was for the grandchildren. Hobbit may weigh in, meanwhile you might check out his posts here at AOG.
All these older models come with built in age related issues, and with kids, time is precious. We old geezers have nothing but time so fixing up the boat is worse than a job. And you don't get the added benefit of punching out at 4:00. Be patient in your search for the good one, and plan to pay for it.
Hi Willie thanks for the welcome aboard! I love fixing stuff and I think this would be a great boat to enjoy with the family. Hopefully I find something in the near future.
boater79
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by boater79 »

Jay Knoll wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:20 pm I assume you saw this one?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10985

and there are a several on Yacht World
yes thanks Jay I did. We are still in the early stages and just want to physically get on one and see if it will fit our needs.
boater79
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by boater79 »

tego wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 pm Craig, If you're coming to Knoxville/Dollywood in the near future, I'd be glad to give you a tour/ afternoon cruise. I have an '87 27FC that is in exceptional condition. I really like these boats and highly recommend them. If you're interested, give me a PM and I'll give you my phone #. Ben
Hey thanks man that is nice of you. Maybe I can convince my wife this summer/fall to make a trip out there. They seem like such a cool boat and good for the intracoastal out here in the Carolina's.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

If you are in the DC/Annapolis area I'll be pleased to give you a run round the Bay. Always happy to go out for a bit. PM me.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
blandc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Post by blandc »

Hi, I had this sent to you as a message, but I'm sending it again just in case you didn't receive it via that method?

Hello Boater 79, My wife and I live in Beaufort, NC and have a 1984 Albin
FC that I would be happy to show you, and that we are considering selling.
The boat is currently out of the water awaiting installation of a new
transmission and will likely not be back in the water for some weeks,
however, one never knows these things when working with a schedule that is
set by a marina. In any event, if you are interested, get back to me at my
email as provided through the Owners Group and I will fill you in on the
details and answer any questions you might have. Chuck Bland
boater79
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by boater79 »

Hi Chuck I sent you an email

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”