• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin A27 Sport Cruiser Radar Mast

Albin's "power cruisers"
SkipRocks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Augustine, FL

Albin A27 Sport Cruiser Radar Mast

Post by SkipRocks »

Looking for suggestions to mount an 18" Dome Radar & if possible a forward facing light as well. We often carry a kayak on the pilothouse roof and assume (?) it will need to be mounted above that.

Thanks,

Skiprocks

'85 A27 Sport Cruiser
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Albin A27 Sport Cruiser Radar Mast

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Something like this might work. Not my boat & not an A27, but is one possible solution from mounting radar & still being able to roof carry kayaks.

I believe these folks sold Leighway to new owners awhile back.

http://princesslouisa2010.blogspot.com/ ... albin.html

This tubing arch appears to be something that should be relatively easy to fabricate. Would not work for our setup with hardtop & opening hatches & sail rig. But we do carry a single seat Advanced Elements inflatable kayak on our roof at times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
SkipRocks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Augustine, FL

Re: Albin A27 Sport Cruiser Radar Mast

Post by SkipRocks »

That's interesting. It looks like they slip the kayak under the rack. I've got a full with rack that's 6" high. I store a kayak on the port side and have my solar panels mounted on the starboard side. I need to mount the radar tower in front of the rack. Those things are pricey.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”