• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shower drain. A 34

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Molly B
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Mathews, VA

Shower drain. A 34

Post by Molly B »

I think I have discovered that my shower drain goes into the bilge. Does anyone have any experience with this. I am new to Albin having bought mine last fall (2017)
Molly B
A34 Recess
Mathews, VA
RECESS
34' center cockpit fly bridge trawler
Chesapeake Bay
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Re: Shower drain. A 34

Post by JBrooks »

I have a Johnson shower sump pump within two feet of my shower. It takes the drain hose from the shower and the overflow from the marine air AC condensation pan. Pumps both of them overboard when the float switch is activated inside the box. I have the hoses disconnected in the picture since I was putting in a new bilge pump and painting the bilge.

I have the Albin 30FC. On my previous boat (1980 houseboat) it was a direct drain hose overboard with no pump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
Molly B
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Mathews, VA

Re: Shower drain. A 34

Post by Molly B »

Thanks, JBrooks, looks like I need to do that here.
RECESS
34' center cockpit fly bridge trawler
Chesapeake Bay

Return to “Albin Maintenance”