• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

johnson multiple shower sump

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

LloydT
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pilley's Island, NL CANADA

johnson multiple shower sump

Post by LloydT »

Hi. Recently purchased Albin 28 Flush Deck which has the sump mentioned above;
however, I can't seem to figure out why this Johnson shower sump doesn't work. It's not an old unit.
I believe it has an in line fuse (which I can't find).
I took the unit out of the boat and it worked when connected to a 12 volt battery, leading me to believe it must be the fuse.
Any ideas where this fuse might be located in the boat..not much room to see anything.
I've had a look at the electrical panel..too many wires :)
Is there a panel switch which activates this unit?
Thanks in advance. Any suggestions appreciated.
Lloyd
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: johnson multiple shower sump

Post by Russell »

On my 2005 model there is a switch on the DC panel labeled "shower" that must be turned on. It sends power to the float switch in the shower sump so the pump does not come on until the water lifts the float. You can remove the plastic lid and lift the switch by hand to see if everything is working properly. I had to replace the float switch this year because it would never shut off.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Re: johnson multiple shower sump

Post by JBrooks »

I attached the picture of my AC and DC panel. Should be a switch labeled "Shower" that you turn on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI

Return to “Albin Maintenance”