• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuse help

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

pk2684
Mate
Mate
Home Port: NORTHPORT

Fuse help

Post by pk2684 »

Hello,

Thought I had a main battery switch issue but it seems the prob is this blown " mega fuse" or at least that's what the marine guy by me thinks it is. Any help identifying the part/Current/Amp Rating. I checked on the block but the numbers are worn down..Essential runs from battery two to the main switch and bridges to battery one..I know it would depend on what else is hooked up to the terminal but figured somebody may have run across this issue in their travels. Excuse my incompetence bought my first trawler last year and learning as I go. Thank you in advance.
IMG_2649.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Fuse help

Post by catalina_mike »

By the looks of things the connectors need to be redone. Discoloration is an indication of heat that indicates loose connection. As far as fuses add up what the wires go to. Probably the major user and safety is for the windlass. You can swap out the block and fuse for a locally available one because of the color change the material has more than likely been compromised.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Albin Maintenance”