• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raw water coolant hose to velvet drive trnansmission cooler

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Raw water coolant hose to velvet drive trnansmission cooler

Post by TomA »

My friends 28 TE has a 6LP-STE, with Velvet drive tranny. Raw water inlet hose to the tranny cooler is ruptured and the local Yanmar rep is having a difficult time finding a replacement. The end connections of the 90 degree hose have different sizes 2" hubbed ID outlet vs. 1 7/8" straight inlet so a stock replacement hose from an auto parts store will not work. Anyone had to change one of these hoses, Yanmar PT# etc.? Tom
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Raw water coolant hose to velvet drive trnansmission cooler

Post by Tree »

Firstly, it's not listed as a yanmar part - you should be able to find something in an auto parts store.

Secondly, and possibly the important bit. Are you sure it's the inlet and not the outlet side of the cooler? If it is the outlet, your intercooler tubes are almost certainly blocked solid.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Leon Haczynski
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: port charlotte, fl

Re: Raw water coolant hose to velvet drive trnansmission cooler

Post by Leon Haczynski »

As you know the engine is reversed and therefore it is on the starboard side of the boat. besides I took of the hose on the other end of the cooler and it had some build on the interior of the hose but not enough too block anything.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”