• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 On the Loop

Albin's "power cruisers"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Re: A25 On the Loop

Post by Robdog.1 »

Is there a ladder in that picture???
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Very nice Pursuit, interesting ladder but couldn't they have picked a model a little older than 16 or so ! (Of course this is coming from a dad with two middle school girls !!)
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

I suppose the angle is that it's for offloading the kids at the beach.
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Left the boat in Daytona after a great week of cruising from Lauderdale. Albin ran perfect, great boat for this type of cruising.
I'm getting all of the old gate valves replaced with new seacocks, and having all of the old unused thru hulls glassed over and plugged. I'll be back on the boat in a couple of weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Thanks Sunsetrider. Took me a few minutes but I eventually spotted the ladder! :) Looks well constructed. Same for the ladder.

Really enjoying the tales of the trip Robdog. I'd love to do the loop someday. Just need an AOG burgee next to the Looper one!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

I have the AOG burgee, just lost one of my flag clips!
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Loop update: I left the boat in Daytona Beach for a couple weeks to go on a family vacation and decided to have some seacocks replaced and a few other items attended to. I think it was a good choice, since if was planning to be in Hilton Head now...just in time for Hurricane Arthur.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Cruised with my 15yr old daughter from Daytona to St Augustine and on to Jacksonville this week. Great trip, ran aground briefly twice (charts and markers often lie!). One small fire when my propane stove blew an O ring on the regulator, spent the next two days cleaning up dry chemical extinguisher agent. Always keep 2-3 extinguishers handy! I'm always carrying at least 2.

Next up the St Johns river! Stay tuned.....
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

More St Johns river..
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Hazards..
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

Thanks Robdog - very much enjoying your pics!
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
mkh8911
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ashland City, TN

Post by mkh8911 »

Your boat looks so... clean (compared to mine) :). Bet the fire was scary. Glad you put it out in time. Is the black Sunbrella hot? It looks great and just wondered if it was baking you guys on the trip. Keep the pics coming. They are inspiring...
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

The scariest part of the fire was having to throw out a whole skillet full of bacon!
I really can't say that the black Sunbrella is any hotter than the dark blue, I keep the front window open and rear side curtains rolled up as well as removing the rear window while cruising. Also cruise with the forward hatch and cabin door open so I have a breeze all the way thru the boat. Sliding side glass would be awesome, I've seen pics of other boats with them.
How's your project coming? Let's see some pics!

I just removed three unused seacocks and thru hulls and glassed them over, fewer holes in the boat.
mkh8911
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ashland City, TN

Post by mkh8911 »

i'm leaning toward repowering but am waiting to be sure my MD3B is hosed. It sure looks hosed. Does your Yanmar vibrate much? I read on another forum that the yanmars vibrated excessively. Looking for first hand knowledge and not "I heard", if you know what I mean.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

There is a definite vibration at idle (6-700 RPM) so as soon as I start and see oil pressure, I bump it up to 800-900 RPM. Underway at 1800-2200 RPM it just sounds and feels like a 3cyl diesel. More vibration than a small gas engine, but nothing excessive. Nothing has come loose yet!
The economy and reliability are great, not a single hiccup in the last 250+ hours.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”