• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Brand Spankin' New Here :)

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Re: Brand Spankin' New Here :)

Post by Robdog.1 »

Welcome!
New here myself. I have an A25 in the yard over in North Port for a few upgrades, then I'm heading around the keys and up the Atlantic ICW with my 14 and 15 yr old DAUGHTERS. Better not see those boys anywhere around!
Ill keep an eye out for you when we come through FLL.
Rob
saltwaternurse
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Post by saltwaternurse »

tbnolin wrote:Meandering is the only way to go!!! The Admiral and I had the best time of our lives. No hurry what so ever. A trip that we enjoyed to the fullest. About 40 miles south of Lake Champlain on the Hudson River down to Stuart...what a ride!!!! Life is Waaaay toooo short....enjoy it while you can!! (I think we sold the boat today :( ) Another chapter in our lives have been written...life goes on!! As my Mom always said " don't wait til your golden years...because they aren't that golden!!" She was 96...and I firmly believe what she said!
Aaaahh, bittersweet - the "other" big day of boat ownership...but it sounds as though she gave you so much more in between in the way of lovely memories and great times and adventures : ) And as to your Mother, a wise woman indeed and I do believe her! The challenge has always been to balance doing what I should do with what I'd like to do and try to make sure both are attended to. So, what's the storyline for the next chapter, Capt?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. M. Twain
saltwaternurse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by saltwaternurse »

Robdog.1 wrote:Welcome!
New here myself. I have an A25 in the yard over in North Port for a few upgrades, then I'm heading around the keys and up the Atlantic ICW with my 14 and 15 yr old DAUGHTERS. Better not see those boys anywhere around!
Ill keep an eye out for you when we come through FLL.
Rob
Rob, Lol - bring your shotgun, nah, mine are perfect gentlemen :) Hey - North Port on the West coast of Florida? If so, I used to work in Port Charlotte at Fawcett and still co-own a house with my Ex in Punta Gorda - I liked it there actually, kind of a sleepy little town and so pretty in downtown PG with some decent eateries. Charlotte Harbour and Boca Grande were great places to sail and also down to Matlacha - used to anchor off Bert's there and have a great time. Course, you may not mean that North Port, in which case, this won't mean a whole lot, but I enjoyed the trip down memory lane as you can tell! lol

As to your trip, I helped bring a Bristol 39 from PG back here to FLL - it was more of a delivery trip - no meandering unfortunately, so just the Gulf, the Florida Bay, under the Channel #5 Bridge and back up. We also took my San Juan 28 sailboat with the mast down from PG to Ft Myers and across Lake Okeechobee to Jupiter and then South to FLL. All interesting experiences and bring fond memories!

How far up the ICW are you thinking you'll go?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. M. Twain
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Post by Robdog.1 »

Yes, that North Port!
Sounds like you've had a lot more time on Florida water than me, I'm a Texas and Redneck Riviera boater until now. Planning on doing the Loop in stages, some solo, some with my girls. Still working for another 13 yrs unless I win the lottery! I figure about 2 yrs of 5-10 cruising days a month.
Are you staying put in FLL or planning to cruise?
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hmmmm....storyline for the next chapter? I think we're going to regroup (as you know, a boat, even just sitting in a slip, is an expensive thing!)...take a few days and fly out to Portland OR. to see our son....book a long awaited cruise....and then buy a smaller boat that will fit in our marina! Living on the water....ya gotta have a boat!! Blue Moon was about 8' too long. We have a 32' trawler in the marina right now, and that's about the max.
Looking for Wednesday to be over and the boat to be sold! Stay tuned!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
saltwaternurse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by saltwaternurse »

tbnolin wrote:Hmmmm....storyline for the next chapter? I think we're going to regroup (as you know, a boat, even just sitting in a slip, is an expensive thing!)...take a few days and fly out to Portland OR. to see our son....book a long awaited cruise....and then buy a smaller boat that will fit in our marina! Living on the water....ya gotta have a boat!! Blue Moon was about 8' too long. We have a 32' trawler in the marina right now, and that's about the max.
Looking for Wednesday to be over and the boat to be sold! Stay tuned!
So - how'd it go? Did you get everything squared away? Sounds like you have lots of exciting plans - one of my closest gfs is from OR - I've never made it out to that coast but it's on my list! Hope the sale went smoothly and that you enjoy yourselves on your new adventures :)
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Quite depressing this past weekend....the deal fell through :( He wanted to put a hard top on, davits to get a dingy on the hard top, bow thrusters and a few other items for around 10 grand. Well, his quotes came back and it was going to be between 40-50 grand. He was living in a dream world. He had the boat survey, hauled and sea trialed...about 2 grand worth and then backed out. Soooo, back to square one!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I seem to be late to the game, but given the prolific posting here, felt like I had to say hi. Welcome to AOG.

I'll be looking for your posts about life aboard your 36.

Good luck with her.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “New Member Introductions”