• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rydlyme Flush on 6LP

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Rydlyme Flush on 6LP

Post by Tree »

jumpjet231 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:07 am Brought this thread back from the dead. Do this if you haven't. I have now blown 2 ($90) hoses in 2 seasons. It's the hose the goes into the intercooler and of course it's a $90 special hose from Yanmar. The price went from $19 a year ago to $90. Mack Boring said I'm getting back pressure and recommended a Rydlyme wash. I didn't suspect anything was wrong because I always run around 180 deg. After the first hose split I just thought I had a old rotten hose.
Sounds like you are due a flush then - Rob's how to makes it incredibly simple to follow.

a couple of things to be cautious with rydlyme though:

Make sure you're not wearing a watch - it stains stainless steel nicely!

Make sure you've not got a pair of Musto deck shoes on - They stain nicely!

Don't have your hoses too long or the bucket too big - it'll cost you more in product

Have a decent pump but not too powerful - I use a sump pump and if your connections aren't tight it will blow out.

If you get any of the product on your engine mounts, make sure you wash them immediately - the finish isn't galvanised but Zinc and Passivate, rydlyme eats zinc!

Good time to change your anodes after flushing - i machine my own anodes from rod so i can just screw in the new ones direct to the brass fittings.

Apart from all that - excellent product and does a good job, it was only on wednesday this week I flushed a friends yanmar in his albin with it, The stains have now polished out of my watch and my shoes are in the bin. I have a trade account with the UK distributor so it doesn't cost me the earth. I now have the flush down on service every two years.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”