• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sea Water Strainer Stuck

Buddy28TE
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Hartge Yacht Harbor

Sea Water Strainer Stuck

Post by Buddy28TE »

I only have two major complaints about my 28 TE, the door latch and this darn fussy Sea Strainer Cap. It has been a problem for me every single time a mechanic comes onboard and messes around in that area. I tell them each time do not over tighten it. I spent the better half of what will probably be one the few remaining nice days screwing around with it attempting to remove it to do some general maintenance. I sprayed with lubricant designed to loosen the toughest jams (yeah right) and frankly I am done with this system. I would like to replace it with something that is user friendly and allows me possibly to see into the strainer though this is not my most important requirement. I am desperate and angry today because I lost this battle and frankly feel completely defeated (okay now I do know someone who I will not name who has it much worse than I and has an amazing attitude). Anyhow, I am looking for recommendations for a new system and degree of difficulty to replace it. If I do not do it myself I wonder how many hours a qualified technician (whatever that means these days) will take to replace it. Thanks so much to all of you and I am so sorry if I sound like an angry child today. I attached a picture of that awful top that hates me :)))))

Shawn Gross
Buddy III
2002 28 Albin Tournament Express
Chesapeake Bay Region
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
LillianpFD
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Sea Water Strainer Stuck

Post by LillianpFD »

I just whack mine with a hammer to loosen it in the direction to open it. I only hand tighten it so I usually don’t have an issue.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”